Seven Mile Road is becoming a movement of networked Seven Mile Road congregations who function as one church with many contextualized expressions throughout the greater Boston area. Over the next ten years, we are hoping to see 1500 Bostonians believing the gospel, being discipled and living on mission in this ever-growing network of healthy Seven Mile Road churches for Jesus’ glory and our joy.
As a church member, I will give my life to a local congregation in Malden, MA, linking arms with fellow saints in Gospel Gommunities, serving this body and engaging Malden with the uncompromised gospel in a way that is distinctly Malden.
As Executive Pastoral Assistant (XPA), my work will be on the centralized level supporting local Seven Mile Road’s by focusing on finances, legal, human resource work, leadership development tracks and media.
Here’s an overview of my duties as XPA (full job description here):
The aim of this position is to serve Seven Mile Road and its mission by serving the Executive Pastor, freeing him to focus on teaching, ministry growth, and leadership development. The Executive Pastoral Assistant will develop and mature his gifts through his service and one-on-one discipleship with the Executive Pastor. This role is not only designed to serve the church now, but to serve it later. The Executive Pastoral Assistant will be learning skills in project management, financial management, equipping, and pastoring that will help prepare him to serve in future leadership roles.
- Participate in creation of Deacon Track
- Assist Executive Pastor in research, teaching, and writing where necessary.
- Project management – gather tasks for all pastor’s and departmental projects; identify potential problems and delays in projects and propose solutions.
- Communicate on Executive Pastor’s behalf to leaders and business associates, etc.
- Manage certain accounting tasks, including bill payment, bank statement reconciliation, giving reconciliation, and preparation of financial reports.
- Oversee online systems, including social media, member site, music department site, etc.
- Manage background check process for volunteers.
- Manage office space – maintain clean, well supplied, and organized office, including filing system; hospitality for meetings.
- Work on miscellaneous tasks for events, e.g. invite lists, invitations, planning, etc.
“Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.” -1 Corinthians 15:58